- 16 Awards Category Set To Recognize Halal and Family-Friendly Tourism Industry’s Top Leaders and Trendsetters
The 2nd edition of World Halal Tourism Awards will again recognize the excellence in halal and family-friendly travel and tourism industry. The nominations opened on 11th September 2016 across 16 award categories, including Best Halal Tour Operator, Best Family Friendly Hotel and World’s Best Non OIC Emerging Halal Destination, to name a few.
The winners and runners-up of the 2016 World Halal Tourism Awards will be announced at a glittering ceremony on 7th December. The awards ceremony forms a crucial element of World Halal Travel Summit which is the largest gathering of global executives operating in the halal and family friendly travel sector.
The World Halal Tourism Awards is the first award giving body to solely represent the halal and family-friendly travel and tourism industry. Andy Buchanan, Executive Organising Committee Director – International Travel Week – Abu Dhabi, says, “For the second time, The World Halal Tourism Awards will again recognize the best players in the industry and form the benchmark for excellence in the halal and family-friendly tourism industry. We are opening the nomination across the 16 awards categories and will be announcing the nominees on third week of October. Once the nomination are out, the general public can officially vote online for their favorites till 25th November 2016”
The World Halal Tourism Awards 2016 categories are:
1. World’s Best Airline for Halal Travellers
2. World’s Best Airport for Halal Travellers
3. World’s Best Family Friendly Hotel
4. World’s Most Luxurious Family Friendly Hotel
5. World’s Best Halal Apartment Hotel
6. World’s Best Halal Beach Resort
7. World’s Best Halal Tour Operator
8. World’s Best Halal Travel Website
9. World’s Best Halal Cruise Company
10. World’s Best Halal Honeymoon Destination
11. World’s Best Hajj & Umrah Operator
12. World’s Best Hajj & Umrah Hotel
13. World’s Best Halal Destination
14. World’s Best Halal Culinary Destination
15. World’s Best Halal Cultural Destination
16. World’s Best Non OIC Emerging Halal Destination
Award nominations will close on October 14, 2016, after which voting will open from October 17th and will end on November 25th 2016. Judging will be undertaken by an independent committee comprised of industry leaders from across the Halal travel and tourism industry.