- Japans leading paint manufacturer launches its predictions of the most popular colour themes in the GCC which have been carefully curated by their global design experts
- Premium quality UV-resistant, low VOC paints used as Kansai Paint embarks on the ‘sustainable’ journey
- Home owners, interior designers and contractors look towards colour trends curated around four principal themes
Kansai Paint, the leading Japanese paint and coatings manufacturer, today announced its ‘Colour Forecast’ for 2017 in the GCC, which predicts the most commonly used colour themes by home owners, interior designers and contractors for the forthcoming year.
The colour forecast has been curated around four unique themes ranging from prominent features of the region to the varying inspirational phases of an individual’s life. Warm, neutral, bright and simple colours are all included in the forecast and after extensive research, Kansai Paint could deduce the colour of the year, based on the holistic neutral palette.
“Our aim is to ensure our four colour trend stories inspire, inform and assist our customers in making decisions in the region,” says Anne Roselt, Global Colour Marketing Manager, Kansai Paint. “We are committed to strengthening our quality, performance, technology and innovation used in cultivating the Colour Forecast and we hope it will make choosing the right colour an inspiring and creative process for our customers, ” she adds.
Kansai Paint’s Colour Forecast 2017 has been inspired by global trends, however, resulting colour palettes are symbolic of colour schemes relevant to the region. Each of the following themes reflected in the forecast, are influenced by an inspired storyline:
- Anonymous – Customers can seek simplicity with anonymous. This theme is a response to our busy lives and helps you go back to the basics and embracing softer things in life. Colours range from soft dusty pinks to dark but subtle greys
- Terrain – Inspired by desert landscapes, this theme balances the earthy, mineral and neutral colours in an easy-to-use palette. Colours in this theme range from sunset shades of orange, to light beige mountain-terrains
- Prism- Taking digital art as inspiration, this theme explores depth and layers in colour. It’s about having fun with colour and embracing bold design. The secret to pulling off this bright palette is to only use a touch of the more vibrant tones such as deep blue, red and purple
- Pause- Colours in this palette are soft pastel peaches and metallic gold, offering maximum appeal as it befits everyone who loves a sophisticated neutral look.
Being a key industry leader in the paints and coverings market, Kansai Paint aligns with the national agenda of sustainability and ensures high quality and sustainable material is used throughout the products’ manufacturing process.. The colours used in the forecast are of premium quality UV-resistant water based acrylic roof and wall coatings, with infrared reflective technology that also have a minimum total solar reflectance (TSR) of 30% and have less than 0.01 gram per litre in VOC.
Governments in the Middle East and wider GCC have set ambitious – goals of becoming more sustainable, energy efficient and productive. As assets such as buildings are fundamental to making a green and more sustainable city, it is imperative to use material that adheres to the criteria of promoting sustainability.